Since February 13, 1911, Delhi has been the center of attraction for a lot of us. Every year there is an influx of population that moves from neighbouring areas into the city. The traffic on the road speaks about the high population residing here. Delhi’s population is a mixed population of rich, poor, skilled and unskilled labour.
Here are 7 most expensive residential areas of capital:
- Aurangzeb Road: This is home for some richest of the richest. A few name that could be found in this lane are Mittal’s, the steel tycoons, Singh of DLF, Jindals and so on so forth. This is a high security area due to proximity to the PM’s residence. This area is priced at about INR 1,00,000 per square feet.
- Amrita Shergill Marg: This area is in walking distance to Lodhi Garden. It is an up market residential area. If you are out for a morning walk, you may meet Sunil Bharti Mittal of Bharti Enterprises and Hindujas or Kabul Chawla – CMD, BPTP and many more. This area takes 2ndposition in the list with INR 75,000 per square feet.
- Gulmohar Park: It is an affluent, upmarket and green neighbourhood. The area lies between Hauz Khas and Balbir Saxena Marg. The place was setup by a group of journalist and now top-notch business men, senior lawyers and even veteran cine star Amitabh Bachchan owns a house here. The colony is divided into four blocks and comprises of 13 parks over an area of 43 acres. The land price is souring high at INR 70,000 per square feet.
- Chanakyapuri: The area is diplomatic area with presence of all big embassies starting from United States, United Kingdom, Australia, China, etc. The Prime Minister’s house is a stone throw away. The Maharaja of Kashmir, Dr. Karan Singh and Ajit Burman, Vice Chairman of Dabur India lives here. This area has very high security. The area is priced at INR 65,000 per square feet.
- Vasant Vihar: It is an exclusive place in South West Delhi. It is the home and work place for many notable personalities like international sports shooter Vikram Bhatnagar. This area is situated near the diplomatic area of Chankyapuri and houses over 50 diplomatic missions of foreign countries. The locality is priced at INR 58,000.
- Anand Niketan: It is an area where most of the Expats put up. The area is a well constructed area and has almost all needs and luxuries in proximity. Apart from this the area is well-connected to other parts of Delhi. The land price for this area is INR 50,000 per square feet.
- Defence Colony: This is another posh location. Situated amidst the hustle and bustle of city, this area is well-connected to all parts of the city. It is a well-designed location with a mix of residential apartments and freehold properties. The land price of this area is a little above INR 48,000 per square feet.
Delhi bags a lot of expensive residential localities. If you are planning to be part of this aristocracy then it would be highly advisable to call your trusted broker. Brokers usually have their network to share the best deals with you. Now as brokers are becoming tech savvy, they use excellent apps like Kolabro. It allows them to share inventories among the broker network and as a result you have a handpicked list of properties to review in almost no time.